Friday 14 February 2020

Aisha 6m Chester zoo blog

A few days ago, me and my class went to Chester zoo to learn about palm oil. Before that, some Chester zoo rangers came to us to talk about palm oil. Most of our class didn’t know what palm oil was.

When I came in, everybody was excited. I was excited too. My heart was smiling and gave me a smile too. My table was talking about which animals they preferred;I preferred the orang-utans in my opinion. We all marched to the coach squealing in happiness. It approximately took us 55 minutes to get there. I sat next to Zahra and we talked the whole drive. When we arrived,we hopped  of the coach. As we entered we saw an enormous elephant but surprisingly it was a baby elephant. I was speechless! After we saw some other animals : okapi,giraffe,monkeys,chimpanzees, the longest snake in the world(Jodi) ,other snakes,tarantulas and much more.

We also went to a workshop about palm oil.It was so much fun. Our Chester zoo ranger (Mike) talked to us about orang-utans and how they are effected by palm oil and why we should use sustainable palm oil. If you are wondering what palm oil is visit the Chester zoo website and all your questions will be answered.We also played a game where we pretended to become hornbills.

Finally, our time has come to an end. We enjoyed visiting Chester zoo and wish we could come back any time soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment